Pic // Alexa cos #goals
Ok so this weeks FF is very Elite Daily/Buzzfeed/every female mag ever but after 2014 turning into a wank of a year I’m feeling all enlightened and focused so I’m gonna spread that shit round. Here are five real goals I have for 2015!
Quality over quantity with everything but friends especially. Everyone should have those few friends they can totally be themselves around. The ones that give honest advice about everything including boys, waxing, that dress you wanna buy and whether or not that's the right filter/caption choice for your gram. And bonus if they don't mind the fact that you never wear pants, ever.
I've already decided 2015 is my "focus on work" year. Being 22 I have very few responsibilities so I'm going to channel all my energy into doing awesome things that will get me to my dream job.
- Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. You can't assume that everyone already knows.
- Be nice a nice human. It's a pretty standard life rule but in terms of work you never know who you'll need to call on so be nice to everyone you meet.
- Network. It's cringe and weird but it's got to be done.
When it comes to money and spending I am THE worst so this is forever a goal of mine. Save more, spend less. The usual. But I feel like if I have it in writing then I might try harder. I'm also about to book a trip away (once I get my course related costs LOL) so hopefully having something locked in will force me to put money away each week.
Do more dope shit. It could be some extravagant European excursion, mid winter get away somewhere tropical or just heading home for the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love Auckland, but I love leaving it more. Having trips planned gives you something to look forward to, you can leave the stresses of work/uni/life and come back all inspired and motivated.
- Be chill. I’m the person who needs a plan for everything and if I’m honest most things stress me out (especially anything involving decision making). I never show it on the outside, very few people have seen my stressy side - that’s probably the issue, maybe if I just spazzed out every now and then I’d feel way better. Anyway, my aim is to stop sweating the small stuff and know that everything always works out exactly how it’s suppose to.
- Find a hobby that doesn’t involve drinking, shopping or someone else. Suggestions welcome.
- Also, more fitness. Obvi.
Words by Tyla McKenzie.